2017 Western Kentucky road meet
Add Reply
H.B. Elkins
2017-09-04 18:52:27 UTC
Announcing the 2017 Western Kentucky road meet, to be held Saturday, Nov. 4 at
11 a.m. CDT at Patti's 1880s Settlement, Grand Rivers, Ky.

Facebook event is at https://www.facebook.com/events/1490859377647701

The tour will feature construction that will convert the Purchase Parkway to
I-69, as well as the new US 68/KY 80 bridge over Kentucky Lake and a similar
bridge under construction over Lake Barkley. The tour route can be seen at
https://goo.gl/mcdM1a

RSVP to ***@millenniumhwy.net by Oct. 31.
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
b***@gmail.com
2017-11-06 00:13:29 UTC
An Interstate corridor is not an an interstate. I have an email from INDOT that admits they illegally closed portions of state highway 57 when they built interstate 69. They will not be making the same mistake again. The interstate 69 corridor from Bloomington to Indianapolis is clearly labeled as such. You should know I cycled that route several months ago. The state of KY already knows it is a vary bad idea to try and kick me off a road I know I am allowed to bicycle.
H.B. Elkins
2017-11-12 01:17:40 UTC
Bicycles are expressly prohibited from the Kentucky parkway system, including
the portions of the Purchase, Western Kentucky and Pennyrile parkways that will
become or have already been converted into I-69. You're not allowed to ride a
bike on them now, so the I-69 conversion will make no difference.