Highway departments are crashing postal vehicles.
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2017-11-07 22:42:00 UTC
In 2013 I cycled 50 miles of highway 411 in Tennessee. This is an unusual highway because it is rural but has a storm drain system and curbs along most of it's length. I noticed the unusual number of broken storm drain grates When I got on the highway in Alcoa. I photographed 3 grates that had broken and fallen into the culvert. In all 3 cases locals had fished them out and propped them up by various methods. Statistically there would be 6 more since I did not travel the entire length of the highway and I only went one way. All of these grates would have been run over on a daily basis by postal vehicles. Seems some one in the highway departments forgot postal vehicles need to travel on the side of the road to deliver the mail. Federal law requires grates in the path of a vehicle wheel to rated for highway service. In addition I estimate 25 percent of the grates have already been replaced and 10 percent have cracks. The oldest grate I could find was dated 1989. Courts have ruled that a postal road as defined in the United States Constitution is any road a postal worker need to use to deliver the mail. United States Code title 18 1701 specifies the penalty for obstructing the mail. Postal workers should not have to swerve out into traffic to dodge every storm drain grate. This road is served by numerous post offices. Only some one who has traveled the highway as I did would have noticed the pattern. This is a warning to highway departments you can be arrested for your incompetence. I am going to have to spell this out for you. The postal clause is a part of the constitution. No one has the right to create a law in conflict with it. That is a warning to the police.
Stop-IL-TollwayRipoffs
2017-11-09 01:24:52 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Maybe someone from another town/county is stealing the good grates and leaving their broke ones ??