Steepest Road
Add Reply
p***@gmail.com
2018-04-04 21:37:48 UTC
any nominations for the steepest grade on the various classes of road?
i don't mean "what's the regulation or design specs?", but what's the
steepest road that's open to traffic?
interstate, US hwy, state, etc.
--bruce cridlebaugh
Canton Ave, in Pittsburg is generally considered the steepest municipal road, but I am sure that is only because Stone Street in Lead, SD doesn't get any maintenance. It's too dangerous to drive a city owned vehicle upon. My geuss is it would be about 45% grade. The stairs along the side of the road, are 1-2 foot tall per step. completely ridiculous to even walk up. I have only ever head of people driving down that road, and no one twice.
John Levine
2018-04-04 23:45:45 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
any nominations for the steepest grade on the various classes of road?
i don't mean "what's the regulation or design specs?", but what's the
steepest road that's open to traffic?
interstate, US hwy, state, etc.
--bruce cridlebaugh
Canton Ave, in Pittsburg is generally considered the steepest municipal road, but I am sure that is only
because Stone Street in Lead, SD doesn't get any maintenance. It's too dangerous to drive a city owned
vehicle upon. My geuss is it would be about 45% grade. The stairs along the side of the road, are 1-2 foot
tall per step. completely ridiculous to even walk up. I have only ever head of people driving down that road, and no one twice.
Was it that steep 19 years ago when the question was asked?
--
Regards,
John Levine, ***@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",