Tpk bridge repair brings in major talent
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2017-02-15 20:48:57 UTC
A search for expertise has stretched across the country in the effort to repair the Delaware River Turnpike Bridge.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/transportation/Turnpike-bridge-repair-draws-national-talent.html
e***@gmail.com
2017-02-20 19:58:19 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
A search for expertise has stretched across the country in the effort to repair the Delaware River Turnpike Bridge.
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/transportation/Turnpike-bridge-repair-draws-national-talent.html
Well the problem is, is that the bridge is filled with plug-welded holes. This was common in the 1950s when contractors would mistakenly drill holes in the bridge beams and then plug them by welding -- I am not making this up. Better to replace it as soon as possible, I say. After repairing it of course. But I'll expect the worst!

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/transportation/Was-bridge-beam-failure-a-one-off---or-a-hint-of-a-systemic-problem.html