Slightly OT- DENNYS IS COMING BACK TO NASHVILLE, TN AREA!!!!
Add Reply
JPI
2010-06-05 02:21:42 UTC
DENNYS IS COMING BACK!!!! Straight from The Tennessean-

Denny's restaurants to return to Nashville

After a seven-year hiatus, Denny's is coming back to Nashville.

Longtime Nashville restaurateurs Craig Barber and Bob Langford, who
formerly worked for Denny's competitor Shoney's, have signed a deal to
open four Denny's restaurants in the Nashville area at Pilot Travel
Centers.

Without divulging the locations, Barber said the first should open in
about six months.

"There aren't that many Denny's in Tennessee,'' Barber said. "I think
there are only three or four now in the state. We think it's going to
be a good opportunity for us and the brand."

The closest Denny's restaurant to Nashville has a Bowling Green, Ky.,
ad-
dress. The chain has some 1,500 restaurants across the country, but
Shoney's dominated here for decades.

Denny's is open 24 hours and features meals as low as $2 in a family
diner atmosphere.

Up to 15 locations

Barber said he and Langford believe there is room to grow. They hope
to open 10 to 15 Denny's restaurants in the Nashville area over about
five years, most of them independent of truck stops.

The two business partners own 33 Denny's franchise locations, mostly
in Florida. They also own the Black-eyed Pea, a mostly Texas-focused
brand with 30 locations. There is one Black-eyed Pea restaurant in
Hendersonville.

Both Barber and Langford grew up in the Nashville area. Langford
graduated from Stratford High School and Barber from McGavock. They
spent some time trying to work on distressed restaurants. Their
company, Dynamic Management Co., owned the Barnhill's Buffet, which
filed for bankruptcy protection in 2007.

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home of the Barrel
richard
2010-06-05 02:37:42 UTC
Post by JPI
DENNYS IS COMING BACK!!!! Straight from The Tennessean-
Denny's restaurants to return to Nashville
After a seven-year hiatus, Denny's is coming back to Nashville.
To be housed within a Pilot Truckstop?
Oh please. The existing truckstops barely have room for what they have,
including the already established "subway" or taco hell. Then do these
Pilot/Denny's plan on having tables to sit at? Where? At the fuel pumps?

Pilot has a history of buying out perfectly good truckstops that had a
decent sit down restauraunt, then turned around, demolished the place, and
installed a fast food atmosphere.

I believe the Denny's chain would just as soon NOT be associated with any
truck stop. Specifically, Pilot. I think Mr. Langford and company should do
some more homework before they settle on this lame brain idea.
JPI
2010-06-08 21:39:21 UTC
Post by richard
Post by JPI
DENNYS IS COMING BACK!!!! Straight from The Tennessean-
Denny's restaurants to return to Nashville
After a seven-year hiatus, Denny's is coming back to Nashville.
To be housed within a Pilot Truckstop?
Oh please. The existing truckstops barely have room for what they have,
including the already established "subway" or taco hell. Then do these
Pilot/Denny's plan on having tables to sit at? Where? At the fuel pumps?
Pilot has a history of buying out perfectly good truckstops that had a
decent sit down restauraunt, then turned around, demolished the place, and
installed a fast food atmosphere.
I believe the Denny's chain would just as soon NOT be associated with any
truck stop. Specifically, Pilot. I think Mr. Langford and company should do
some more homework before they settle on this lame brain idea.
Yes, Nashivlle is the core and original market for Cracker Barrel
(they started in 1969, first store was off I-40 exit 232) and I work
for them in Inofrmation Serivces at corporate office in Lebanon,TN I
have been living in this area for 7 years, the first time I was down
here was in October 1997 for a week, I do remember Dennys around
Nashville back then and even ate at one. We do have a Bob Evans near
the Opry land area (was not affected by the recent devestating floods)
and is very good and one of there larger layouts with a gift shop the
size of the Barrels.

I don't remember Perkins being in this area and the orignal Nashville
area Dennys closed up just months before I moved here. Now as for
IHOP, they are not that rare, we have IHOP locvations in Hermitage,
Hickory Hollow, Harding Place\ Nolansville RD, Madison near Rivergate
Mall, Clarksville, Murfreesboro and Smyrna which is the newest one.
There was a rumer that one was coming out towards me in Mt Juliet but
still no word on this. As for Shonys, yes they are based in Nashville
but they are struggeling. Since I moved here, I have noticed at least
a half dozen stores close up (Hendersonville, Springfield, Harding
Place, Frankilin, KY, Murfreesboro Pike and most recently due to the
bad flooding Bellevue and may not open. I used to like Shoneys but
they have really gone down hill.

My opinion on Dennys, I welcome them with open arms because I know
they will not hurt the restaurant chain I work for (we are actually
doing VERY well) and it will be a much needed addition to the current
line up of restaurants in this area, keep in mind we have several
collages in this area and based on my 2 years of working for Dennys,
this area is very ripe for a late night dinner crowed, some of the
IHOPS are 24/7 but there menu is not very big, Waffle House is just
that plus they have closed about a half dozen stores around here too.

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home of the Barrel
j***@gmail.com
2016-08-27 23:06:59 UTC
2016...still no Denny's in Nashville.
v***@gmail.com
Almost 2017 and still no Denny's - I am from Florida, where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Denny's or an Olive Garden..(thankfully my small town actually has an OG) not sure why they aren't more predominant here.. I'd also be willing to shank someone to get a Texas Roadhouse in Franklin or Spring Hill
m***@gmail.com
2017-04-06 21:04:55 UTC
I just got some Denny's coupons in the mail. A sign off things to come? We can only hope.