Driver shortage plagues trucking industry
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2015-10-20 14:16:30 UTC
The Phila Inqr reported that the trucking industry has a severe shortage of drivers. One carrier said they could double shipments if they had the drivers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/homepage/20151020_Driver_shortage_plagues_the_trucking_industry.html
John David Galt
2015-10-21 15:42:44 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
The Phila Inqr reported that the trucking industry has a severe shortage of drivers. One carrier said they could double shipments if they had the drivers.
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/homepage/20151020_Driver_shortage_plagues_the_trucking_industry.html
I'm not surprised. If they treated drivers better and paid them more,
they'd last longer. I did it for a year, which is about the average.

Maybe they'll be the first major users of Google self-driving vehicles.
jgar the jorrible
2015-10-21 15:51:04 UTC
Post by John David Galt
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
The Phila Inqr reported that the trucking industry has a severe shortage of drivers. One carrier said they could double shipments if they had the drivers.
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/homepage/20151020_Driver_shortage_plagues_the_trucking_industry.html
I'm not surprised. If they treated drivers better and paid them more,
they'd last longer. I did it for a year, which is about the average.
Maybe they'll be the first major users of Google self-driving vehicles.
Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a Mercedes Benz...

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/04/daimler-self-driving-truck-test/
http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/12/8592639/self-driving-truck-daimler-freightliner

jg
--