(OT): Classic Country Song
Jason Pawloski
2010-07-01 04:28:55 UTC
Can anyone ID the song that goes "They call it Pahrump, the heart of
the
new old west?" I assumed that would be sufficient to find the song,
but as
it turns out, the Pahrump town logo is "Heart of the New Old West" so
can't google it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Steve Sobol
2010-07-01 04:44:13 UTC
In article <948b42c5-09a0-42b6-a8f5-
Post by Jason Pawloski
Can anyone ID the song that goes "They call it Pahrump, the heart of
the
new old west?" I assumed that would be sufficient to find the song,
but as
it turns out, the Pahrump town logo is "Heart of the New Old West" so
can't google it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What I want to know is: who decided to name it Pahrump?

Every time I drive to Vegas on I-15, I see the BGS's for the Pahrump
exit and I have to stifle a laugh. :)
--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA
***@JustThe.net
Jason Pawloski
2010-07-01 06:45:57 UTC
Post by Jason Pawloski
Can anyone ID the song that goes "They call it Pahrump, the heart of
the
new old west?" I assumed that would be sufficient to find the song,
but as
it turns out, the Pahrump town logo is "Heart of the New Old West" so
can't google it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What I want to know is: who decided to name it Pahrump?
Every time I drive to Vegas on I-15, I see the BGS's for the Pahrump
exit and I have to stifle a laugh. :)
--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA
"They reportedly chose the name for the valley which Pahrump is named
after the original indigenous name Pah-Rimpi, or "Water Rock," so
named because of the abundant artesian wells in the valley."
t***@gmail.com
2016-08-20 19:02:48 UTC
GOOGLE THE PAHRUMP SONG. THIRD ONE DOWN. "THE NEW OLD WEST (PAHRUMP SONG) BY RICK SCANLON" . PAHRUMP IS SOUTHERN PAHIUTE FOR WATER ROCK
Random Waftings Of Bunker Blasts
2010-07-01 04:54:03 UTC
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:28:55 -0700 (PDT), Jason Pawloski
Post by Jason Pawloski
Can anyone ID the song that goes "They call it Pahrump, the heart of
the
new old west?"
It's called "Pooing Is Cool" by the Pooing Is Cool Band.
--
BUY MY NEW BOOK 'A MIND'S SMITHEREENS' HERE:

http://www.lulu.com/content/8443416 (recommended)

Try my populist blog: http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com

Buy my book about school bullying here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/112781 (recommended)