Good Will Hunting credits
Add Reply
p***@gmail.com
2017-03-19 07:43:42 UTC
Aye
n***@gmail.com
2017-09-03 00:19:18 UTC
There are two overpasses. The first is Prospect St Stockbridge and the the next is Route 183 (shown right at the end of the creidts). On the map, you find these points on the MA Turnpike just north of Stockbridge approximately 2 miles from the N.Y. border. You can even see the road divide after the first overpass and before the next one. Coordinates are: 42.300922,-73.316255.
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-16 09:46:41 UTC
After watching Good Will Hunting on video tonight, I would have to say that
the most exciting bit was the credits :-) Because there is a very good
highway scene at the end, where a helicopter is following Matt Damon in his
beaten-up convertible on what would be my dream freeway.... rolling
emerald-green hills, wide wide medians, little traffic and few trucks....
it just looked like highway heaven :-)
Now my question is this - can anyone identify this highway? My guess would
be the Mass Turnpike, as Will Hunting is driving from Boston to San
Francisco. But (and never having been to MA, I can't verify this) isn't
Massachusetts hopelessly overcrowded and urbanised? This freeway looked as
though it was in the middle of nowhere, like what I imagine Colorado or
eastern Oregon to look like. I couldn't make out any shields (just a couple
of speed limit signs), and the nameplates on the overpasses which show the
name of the overpass road are black with white legend.
Your help in identifying this highway would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Regards,
Bradley.
Ok, I've sussed out the exact route the car takes.

If you stop the film just as the car appears at the end, you'll see on the median strip between the lanes going west and eat, 2 bushes. Notice the road is curved ahead to the right and starts going downhill.

Open up a map of the Mass turnpike. You want the section where East Street crosses it. Drop the little man on the road from the map to the left of the crossing. Zoom forward a few clicks and you will see those exact same bushes and road lay out. The bushes look a little different, but it's been quite a few years since the film.

Anyway, that's where the car journey in the film starts.

At the end, the car drives off and the camera stops at a bridge. The highway slowly turns to the right. That bridge is the one carrying the W Stockbridge Road. It's about a total journey of 4 kms.

I had the film on and taped it, then matched up the end scene with these locations. Damn, I gotta get a life! LOL
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-16 09:50:38 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
That's East Street coming out of Stockbridge (R7).