World's Smallest Drawbridge
BeachBumInDa650
2003-07-20 14:32:09 UTC
what in the hell..........
m***@hotmail.com
2003-07-21 01:01:59 UTC
Post by BeachBumInDa650
what in the hell..........
Yeah, I went on a cruise to Bermuda in June. I rode over it on a bus
on the way to a beach. It was pretty cool. It was like going over a
speedbump all of the traffic had to slow down. I didn't stop but i got
a post card.

Jason Machuga
SJC
2018-03-10 18:05:54 UTC
I ran across this information while looking for something else...... I
thought it was pretty interesting (and certainly unique!)
Uncledoug
________________________________
World's Smallest Drawbridge
Located between Elys Harbour and the Great Sound in Bermuda, this
bridge is the smallest drawbridge in the world, just wide enough for a
boat mast to pass through. Obliging passers-by and motorists open the
central plank, only 22 inches wide, by hand to permit the mast of a
sailboat to pass through.
http://www.bermudaonion.com/newtour/somersetbridge.htm
http://www.bermuda.com/categories/sightseeing/sbridge.html
http://www.bermudarailway.net/ThenPages/then-somersetbri.html
http://www.uncle.com/jdbean/somerset_bridge.htm
The bridge is located between Somerset and Southampton on the maps
http://www.bermudaonion.com/newtour/mapindex.htm
http://www.africavacationguide.com/bermudamap.html
:) Interesting.
John Levine
2018-03-10 20:43:18 UTC
Post by SJC
[...]
Too bad that after 15 years none of the links work any more.

I wonder if the bridge is still there.
--
Regards,
John Levine, ***@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",